Monday 16 June 2014

SWISS ARMY CAMO TOTE

I have been planning to make this bag for ages and finally this weekend, I decided I should get on with it!  The fabric is a Swiss Army Groundsheet bought from Pedlars Friday Vintage and was originally bought with the intention of using for Upholstery.  I will still do some Upholstery but the bag seemed like a quick fix and plus, me and the girls at work (Pedlars), all decided it would make a great bag!

I am really pleased with it and am now putting it straight into everyday use.  I'm glad I included all the original bits of the Groundsheet too otherwise it could just look like any old camo fabric.  There's a few things I might change - perhaps some re-enforcing where it sits on your hip (try and limit the wear and tear) and perhaps a bit of hand-stitching in red either side of the rivets. Other than that - I love it and plan on making a few variations as well as a shoulder bag although that might take a bit more figuring out.

And oh yes! the badge!  That lovely thing is from Best Made Co in New York.  My colleague went on a trip to the US recently and so I was able to put in my order!  Thanks Sophie!.







No comments:

Post a Comment