Monday 7 July 2014

CHARITY SHOP FINDS AND NEW FABRIC HAUL

My fabric additction got the better of me again this week and I fell for the beauty that is "Japanese Double Gauze".  Oh my goodness - it really is beautiful!  It's so so soft and I cannot wait to make something with it. I have so many patterns and florals in my wardrobe that I decided to go for a plain colour and ended up with a lovely indigo colour.  My thoughts originally were to use it for a Peony Dress but the lovely folks at Village Haberdashery suggested it should be something more floaty and think they are probably right.
There's not a huge ammount of floaty patterns in my colletion but, - it just so happens that I'd recently found the Yoshiko Tsukiori, Stylish Dress Book in the Oxfam Book Shop on Portobello Road!  There are some really great simple shapes in this books and think the double gauze will work well. I especially like pattern W.  
I also picked up some fat quartered of a spotty fabric - perfect for some more baby troosers perhaps!  And also, pulled from the bargain bin at The Cloth Shop - a Lightweight Cotton Floral - think there's a top in store for this one which is something very lacking in my wardrobe.  Right - better get making then!








































No comments:

Post a Comment